Do you want to share a special meal with your loved one, but don’t have a lot of time to cook a 5 star meal? Are you searching for a simple and delicious meal idea that tastes like fancy restaurant food? If so, then keep reading because this post is for you!
My husband and I used to eat out once in awhile, but we’re just at that point in our life (with four children, including a nursing 9 month old who is pretty much attached to me 24/7) where we would much rather put the kids to bed and enjoy a nice meal together in the comfort of our home. It’s all about being stress free and easy going these days for us!
So, when I was searching for meal ideas that I could ACTUALLY make for my husband, but that would ALSO taste amazing, I turned to Shan to help me out- and Shan did not disappoint!
I chose to make Shan’s Bombay Biryani and Shan’s Badam Kheer and the results were incredible! In fact, these two dishes are my go-to for special dinners now because they are that good! Here’s how to make them:
Shan’s Bombay Biryani
- 3 ½ cups already cooked rice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 kg whole chicken cut into pieces
- 3 medium onions, finely sliced
- 3-4 medium diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs Shan’s ginger garlic paste
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 packet of Shan’s Bombay Biryani Mix
- Fry the onions in hot oil until golden. Add tomatoes and fry until oil separates.
- Add the meat, ginger and garlic paste, yogurt, potatoes, and Shan’s Bombay Biryani Mix. Stir fry for 10 minutes. Add 2 cups of water, cover and cook on low heat until the meat is tender. Then increase the heat and stir fry until oil separates from the gravy.
- Separately, cook the rice until almost done.
- Spread half of the rice in a pot and pour the meat mixture on top. Top with remaining rice. Cover pot and cook on low heat until rice is fully cooked. Mix before serving.
Shan’s Special Badam Kheer
- Fresh milk, 1 liter
- Shan Badam Kheer Mix, 1 packet
Add the Shan Badam Kheer Mix in milk and cook for 15-20 minutes. Stir frequently. When the mixture thickens, remove and allow it to cool. Serve cold. Serves 6-8 people.
I know what you’re thinking, that Badam Kheer can’t be that easy, can it?! It really is that simple and tastes exactly like the kheer you would be served in a restaurant! In my opinion, the biryani also tasted like something you would get in a restaurant, but my husband said it tasted better ???? You can complete this meal with your favorite drink (we prefer mango juice- yum!), some chutney if you prefer, and a simple salad and you have yourself a complete tasty meal! We had lots of leftovers, and needless to say the kids devoured the biryani and kheer for lunch the next day – and I can tell you this meal is also kid approved ????
Remember, cooking for your special one doesn’t have to be such a fuss with Shan products. Shan takes the stress out of cooking with their easy to cook recipes and mixes!
- 0 Comments
- 0 Likes