Add a desi touch to chick peas meal and leave your dear ones in awe as you cook a special-favorite for them tonight.
- Shan Pilau Biryani Mix
- Yellow food color
(optional) ¼ tsp
- Plain Yogurt
Whipped 1 cup
Finely sliced 1 small / 75g
- Ginger Paste
- Garlic Paste
- Rice, Basmati
washed & soaked 750g
- Meat on Bones
small portions 1 kg
- Add meat, garlic paste, ginger paste, Shan Pilau Biryani Mix and water (Beef/Goat/Lamb 2 cups, Chicken 1 cup). Cover and cook on low heat until meat is tender (about 1 cup of stock should remain in the pot).
- Stir-in yogurt and keep aside.
- Separately: In 15 cups / 3 liters of boiling water, stir in 2 tablespoons of Shan Salt and soaked rice. Boil rice until ¾ cooked. Remove and drain thoroughly.
- Spread half rice in a pot and pour meat curry over it. Top with remaining rice. Sprinkle food color if desired.
- Heat oil and fry onion until golden and pour evenly over rice. Cover and cook on low heat until rice is tender (5-10 minutes). Mix before serving.