Shan Sindhi Biryani Mix has a classic blend of traditional spices which helps you make delicious and peppery Biryani at home.
- Cooking Oil
- Shan Sindhi Biryani Mix
- Cilantro/Fresh Coriander
chopped 1 cup
- Small Green Chilies
- Rice, Basmati
washed & soaked 750g
- Meat on Bones
small portions 1 kg
Whipped and sieved through muslin cloth ½ cup
- Garlic Paste
- Ginger Paste
- Fry onions in hot oil until light golden. Add meat and garlic paste. Stir fry for 4-5 minutes on high heat.
- Add Shan Sindhi Biryani Mix, potatoes, yogurt, ginger paste and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add water (Beef/Lamb 4 cups, Chicken 2 cups). Cover and cook on low heat until meat is tender. When cooked there should be about two cups of gravy left (If less add water, if more increase heat).
- Place sliced tomatoes, green chilies, fresh coriander and mint leaves over the meat. Do not mix meat and green masala. Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Do not stir.
- Separately: In 15 cups / 3 liters of boiling water, stir in 3 tablespoons of Shan Salt and soaked rice. Boil rice until ¾ cooked. Remove and drain thoroughly.
- Spread cooked rice evenly over meat. Do not mix rice and meat. Cover and cook on low heat until rice is tender (5-10 minutes). Mix before serving.